This position has been filled.
Founded in 1848, Knapheide is a privately held, rapidly growing manufacturer and supplier of truck equipment and van interiors. Company-branded products are primarily manufactured in a state-of-the-art plant facility located at the headquarters in Illinois and distributed nationwide through a network of dealers and distributors, in addition to company-owned installation centers. Operations include final assembly/up-fitting or integration, and distribution of truck equipment and van interiors. The organization is a recognized leader in the industry and is well-known for its commitment to quality and customer service. Senior management is team-driven and dedicated to utilizing metrics and Lean manufacturing processes to achieve continuous improvement at all levels of the enterprise.
Leading a team of 75 salaried and 750 hourly employees, the Director of Assembly is responsible for overseeing assembly production of company products. The Director will have functional oversight for receiving and handling of materials, assembly and finishing of products, and shipment of finished products while maintaining full accountability for safety, quality, and productivity. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations (who reports to the CEO), direct reports will include Managers in Manufacturing Assembly, Manufacturing Engineering, Finish & Trim, Materials Handling and Shipping.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; relevant training and experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of ten years of progressive manufacturing experience.
- Ability to analyze data, comprehend management reports, interpret blueprints and other production related data.
- Strong systems background in shop floor scheduling, supply chain/materials management, and spread sheet analytics.
- Background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- Experience in implementing sound safety practices and a safety culture.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Professional image and strong work ethic, and a highly flexible, “hands-on” approach to the workplace.