This position has been filled.
CHI Franciscan Health is a nonprofit health system based in Tacoma, Washington with a team of nearly 12,000 doctors, nurses and staff that provide expert, compassionate medical care at eight acute care hospitals and approximately 200 primary and specialty care clinics. CHI Franciscan Health is one of the largest health systems in Washington state. The system spans more than 1,100 acute care beds and a credentialed medical staff of more than 1,500 including more than 600 employed physicians providing specialties in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics and sports medicine, neurosciences and women’s care. CHI Franciscan’s mission focuses on creating healthier communities, including caring for the poor and underserved.
The Medical Director of CHI Franciscan Health’s Cardiovascular Services will be accountable for the clinical, administrative, operational components, and strategic management of cardiovascular services in the acute setting of six hospitals and the outpatient setting of a large medical group. The Medical Director will lead the cardiovascular service line and represent the service line at a national level. Additionally, the Medical Director will perform these functions with an administrative dyad partner or executive director. This position reports dually to the President of the Physician Enterprise for all outpatient and clinical roles and the Executive of the Cardiovascular Service Line for all clinical service line responsibilities. The Medical Director of the Cardiovascular Service Line will also work as a clinician, and in this capacity, report to the President of the Physician Enterprise. The Medical Director is responsible for the development and growth of the CHI Franciscan Health Cardiovascular Service Line with primary responsibility for leading the clinical program development to achieve the quality, safety, patient experience, and growth goals of CHI Franciscan Health.
- MD or DO degree, preferably ten years in clinical practice.
- Experience in the care of patients in general or subspecialty practice for a least ten years and demonstrated continued education in their specialty.
- Eligible for faculty appointment for our medical school affiliations.
- Leadership or management training is required.
- Preferably five years of senior medical group management and leadership experience.
- Management certification qualifications (MMM, MHA, MBA, MPH) are desirable.