This position has been filled.
Matter Health Technology (Matter Health) is a technology-enabled primary care provider that delivers concierge-level preventative care and simplifies healthcare for seniors. Matter Health believes healthcare should come to the community and expand beyond clinical care to treat the entire person – physically, mentally, and socially. Matter Health has designed and implemented technologies that:
- empower clinicians to better serve patients
- allow members to take control of their health
- provide the ability for families and other caregivers to better support patients
Matter Health leverages holistic care delivery models in its patient care centers to treat patients via high-touch primary care that includes same day visits, longer appointments, and real time digital interactions. These models are powered by specialized care teams focused specifically on a complex, high needs patient population. Care teams include physicians, nurse practitioners and member experience managers. Care teams are dedicated to each patient care center, allowing intimate and strong relationships to be built with members. While current fee-for-service based care can hinder patients’ ability to get healthy and save money, Matter Health’s value-based model improves health outcomes for the patient and lowers costs. Older adults have different needs, and the current healthcare system does not put a patient’s health and wellness first. The Matter Health platform helps all patients to Live Better.
The Chief Medical Officer will guide Matter Health’s clinical operations, champion new clinical models, design quality initiatives, and advance a culture of technological innovation. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will ultimately build and lead a team of Regional Medical Directors. The Chief Medical Officer will integrate and align all care delivery models across all Matter Health clinics. The Chief Medical Officer will be the primary clinical voice for strategy and service line development in support of Matter Health’s mission to help all patients Live Better. The Chief Medical Officer will be accountable for leading physicians within Matter Health’s risk-bearing model to improve quality, efficiency, clinician/patient satisfaction, and to help establish and achieve strategic business objectives.
Qualifications and Experience
- Medical degree with completed residency and Board certification with a valid and current license in Tennessee or the willingness and ability to obtain one.
- At least five years of post-residency experience.
- Two to five years of experience in direct management of physicians. Strong preference for experience in a capitated or other predominantly risk-based environment.
- Knowledge of basic principles of professional organizational design and management acquired through relevant education or previous administrative experience.
- Prior experience providing care to seniors, ideally dual eligible populations.
- Experience in managed health care and community-oriented primary care, preferably in an underserved environment.
- Experience in population risk management or complex chronic disease care management.
- Experience in the development and management of quality, risk and utilization management processes, and depth in developing clinical quality analytics and benchmarking strategies in the clinical environment.
- Excellent leadership, communication and analytic skills.
- Demonstrated track record of leading programmatic growth and business development.
Experience working with and extracting data from Electronic Medical Records.