This position has been filled.
TennCare is Tennessee’s Medicaid managed care program that provides health insurance coverage for 1.4 million low-income children, adult caretakers of children, pregnant women and disabled adults. TennCare currently covers over one out of every five Tennesseans and 50% of Tennessee births and has an annual budget of $11 billion. TennCare is one of the oldest Medicaid managed care programs in the country, having begun on January 1, 1994. It is the only program in the nation to enroll the entire state Medicaid population in managed care.
The Bureau of TennCare is the state agency charged with responsibility for administering the TennCare program. In addition to overseeing the contracts with the managed care entities and overseeing the Long-Term Services and Supports program, the Bureau of TennCare is responsible for payment of Medicare premiums, deductibles, and/or coinsurance for certain low-income Medicare beneficiaries.
Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer of TennCare, with a matrixed relationship to both its Deputy Commissioner and Chief of Staff, the Managed Care Analytics Director will be responsible for providing decision support data for the entire program. The Managed Care Analytics Director will manage a team of analysts to produce standard and ad hoc reports to drive financial decisions, support strategic initiatives, and respond to data requests from internal and external stakeholders. The analysis work required with respect to these responsibilities is of considerable complexity and requires significant expertise in econometric modeling to identify statistically significant correlations in the claim data and communicate those findings to a broader audience.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited undergraduate institution required, an MMI or relevant Master’s Degree is desired.
- Seven years or more of experience leading health care data analysis, with a depth of experience in health care statistics and econometrics, preferably within a complex managed care setting.
- Experience completing complex analyses accurately under time pressure, and in communicating the results of those analyses in plain language to senior leaders.
- A demonstrated ability to obtain, integrate, analyze and visualize a broad range of data from multiple sources.
- Expertise in working effectively with outside vendors.