Lehigh Valley Health Network includes eight hospital campuses, as well as the Reilly Children’s Hospital, numerous health centers, physician practices, rehabilitation locations, ExpressCARE sites and other outpatient care locations in seven eastern Pennsylvania counties, with more than $3 billion dollars in annual revenue and 18,000 employees
Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest is the 800-bed flagship facility for Lehigh Valley Health Network. The facility includes a Level I trauma center, Level IV NICU, and was selected as the second member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Alliance in 2015. As the flagship hospital of Lehigh Valley Heart Institute, Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest ranks among the best in Pennsylvania for heart bypass surgery, aortic valve surgery, heart failure and abdominal aortic aneurysm repair. The Lehigh Valley Heart Institute was the region’s first to perform TAVR and is recognized as a center for performing complex mitral valve repair surgery. The institute leads the region in ECMO technology and specialized programs in women’s heart health, sports cardiology, and rhythm disturbance care. In addition, Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest is home to a robust cardiology fellowship program with 15-slots.
The Chief, Division of Cardiology will have responsibility for overseeing cardiac program at Lehigh Valley Hospital–Cedar Crest, inclusive of clinical, administrative, educational, and research responsibilities within the Heart Institute. The Chief will also lead and oversee educational programs including the 15-slot fellowship program and will have major responsibilities within the Heart Institute, serving as a permanent member of its Management Council.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Active ABMS Board Certification in Cardiovascular Disease, with participation in MOC preferred. Eligible for licensure in the State of Pennsylvania.
- At least 7-10 years of progressive leadership related experience that includes experience working within a large department of cardiology at a university or health care delivery system or within a large multispecialty medical practice.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor rising faculty, staff and trainees, with a proven commitment to clinical education.
- Acumen in engaging providers to achieve a higher quality of care. Proven background of strategic growth and development within a highly complex environment.
- Preference for an MBA or MMM.
- Previous leadership experience in a complex academic oriented health system. Excellent clinical, teaching, administrative and communication skills.