Knapheide is a privately held, rapidly growing manufacturer and supplier of truck equipment and van interiors. Company-branded products are primarily manufactured in a state-of-the-art plant facility located at the headquarters in Illinois and distributed nationwide through a network of dealers and distributors, in addition to company-owned installation centers. Operations include final assembly/up-fitting or integration, and distribution of truck equipment and van interiors. The organization is a recognized leader in the industry and is well-known for its commitment to quality and customer service. Senior management is team-driven and dedicated to utilizing metrics and Lean manufacturing processes to achieve continuous improvement at all levels of the enterprise.
The selected candidate will be responsible for managing P&L results and all aspects of a business with wholesale/retail operations and installation centers located at two facilities (Orlando and Miami). Reporting to the Vice President of the Knapheide Truck Equipment Company, this leader will oversee approximately 90 employees between both facilities. The GM will be accountable for growing sales and market share in the territory, concentrating primarily on commercial dealers, municipalities, utilities, and end users. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, meeting productivity targets, and customer focus are key measures of success at all KTEC locations.
- A Bachelors degree in business, engineering, or related is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Ten or more years’ progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical assembly operations.
- Team builder and team player with strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in building an operating plan, managing a P&L, and achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.
- A strong systems background in shop floor scheduling, supply chain/materials management, and spread sheet analytics; experience and competency using all Microsoft Office applications is expected.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 6S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- A proactive orientation to customer service, and experience participating in business development, sales management, and large account support.
- Experience in implementing sound safety practices and a safety culture.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving automotive or truck/trailer equipment, or distribution of capital equipment.
- Proven leadership and supervisory skills, excellent mentoring abilities, and a history of building relationships at all levels in the organization.
- A professional image and strong work ethic, in addition to demonstrated management and organizational abilities, good communication and listening skills, and a highly flexible, “hands-on” approach to the workplace.
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time, including overnight and day trips.