Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based not-for-profit system of 24 hospitals, 160 clinics, the Intermountain Medical Group with close to 2,400 employed providers, HealthCare Partners of Nevada with 340 providers, and a health plans group under the name SelectHealth offering health insurance coverage to approximately 900,000 people across three states. Intermountain Healthcare was established in 1975 when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints donated its then 15-hospital system to the communities they served. Intermountain Healthcare was formed as a secular not-for-profit organization to administer those hospitals.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) for Community-Based Care is responsible for clinical and value excellence in the community setting. The position will provide physician leadership for the Intermountain Medical Group clinics, Homecare, Senior Services, Community Health and Population Health. The CMO will set the clinical care standards in safety, quality, patient experience, access, and stewardship. In addition, this role will define excellence in pay for performance models, value-based reimbursement arrangements, and other quality/value metric approaches. The CMO will operate as a key leader of the Clinical Enterprise Team, and successful candidates will have strong experience with Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Medicare Advantage, dual-eligible populations, and Managed Medicaid programs.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- MD or DO degree with active board certification. Active Utah Medical Licensure, or ability to obtain, required. MBA, MHA, MMM, MPH or equivalent preferred.
- Demonstrated outcomes in leading a population health function such as an Accountable Care Organization, a Medicare Advantage plan, a managed Medicaid plan, or health insurance plan or product.
- At least eight years of progressive healthcare leadership experience in a matrixed health care system.
- Experience in a CMO position in a multi-hospital, accountable care entity, or similar complex environment preferred.
- Business acumen coupled with a deep understanding of the linkage between excellent clinical outcomes and strong financial or business performance.