Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based not-for-profit system of 23 hospitals, 185 clinics, the Intermountain Medical Group with close to 2,400 employed providers, HealthCare Partners of Nevada with 340 providers, and a health plans group under the name SelectHealth offering health insurance coverage to approximately 900,000 people across three states. Intermountain Healthcare was established in 1975 when The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints donated its then 15-hospital system to the communities they served. Intermountain was formed as a secular not-for-profit organization to administer those hospitals.
The Chair and Senior Physician Leader is a system-wide leadership role with overall accountability for women’s health. The Chair is responsible for several core areas, including clinical leadership for the system’s obstetrics and gynecology physicians and advanced practice providers; strategic leadership and management of clinical operations for women’s health, including obstetrics, gynecology, maternal fetal medicine, and laborists; and partnerships with hospital medical and operational leaders to optimize the quality, safety, and operations of labor and delivery and newborn care within the first 28 days of life. This position will champion provider growth and development, innovation, continuous improvement, will be accountable to achieve system-wide women’s health related goals.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- MD or DO with residency or fellowship training and Board Certification in a specialty or subspecialty in the areas covered by the Women’s and Newborns Clinical Program.
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience in a health care delivery system and/or large multispecialty medical group.
- Experience within a highly active obstetrical department of a large hospital or health system. Ability to ensure a cohesive effort surrounding clinical quality, patient satisfaction, and organizational effectiveness to facilitate a seamless approach to the continuum of obstetrical care,
- Master of Business Administration or Master of Medical Management degree preferred.
- Licensed or able to be licensed to practice Medicine in the state of Utah.