This position has been filled.
Inova Health System is comprised of five hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds and 16,000 employees spanning throughout northern VA. This $3.3 billion system, up almost 10% in operating revenue in recent years, has been recognized by multiple outlets highlighting their success and commitment to quality care. The system is shaping the future of health through its integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes. Inova’s commitment to health and wellness is further reflected in its sustainable practices. Inova is home to world-class researchers, expert medical specialists and renowned scientists, who are driving innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
Recognizing both the growth in population throughout the district served by Inova and the increase in cancer patients that corresponds with that growth, the Inova Schar Cancer Institute was established in 2015 with $400M of funding, including a single $50M philanthropy grant. The highly personalized 280,000-square-foot Institute sits on an innovation campus that spans 117 acres and is an international center for advanced cancer care and research. Collaborating with clinical and scientific partners, including the University of Virginia as well as industry, this program prioritizes genomic and translational research to better understand, predict, prevent, and eliminate cancer.
Located less than 10 miles from Washington, D.C. the Northern Virginia area offers a wide range of communities that provide exceptional places to live, work, eat, and enjoy the outdoors. Located just 30 minutes from the headquarters of the Food and Drug Administration and 20 minutes from the campus of the National Institutes of Health, Inova is the healthcare market leader for the region.
Inova Schar Cancer Institute seeks a Thoracic Surgeon to join the Inova Medical Group’s oncology team. Inova Schar Cancer Institute, with access points at all five Inova hospitals, is at the forefront of cancer diagnosis and treatment. The Lung Cancer and Thoracic Malignancies Program provides patient-centered care from a team of specialists in esophageal and lung cancer.
- An MD or DO degree with board certification in Thoracic Surgery, and current or eligibility for an unrestricted Virginia state medical license.
- Team oriented Thoracic Surgeon with experience providing treatment toward a wide variety of clinical case types.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in group settings or one-on-one.
- Ability to establish physician relationships combined with the ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Personal characteristics of integrity, maturity, and honesty aligned with the Mission and Values of Inova Health System.