Inova is a not-for-profit healthcare system based in Northern Virginia. Each year, the system serves more than 2 million people throughout the Washington, D.C. metro area and beyond. Governed by a volunteer board of community members, Inova has grown from one hospital in 1956 to a nationally recognized, comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient services and facilities, primary and specialty care physician practices, and health and wellness initiatives.
Inova’s five hospitals include more than 1,800 licensed beds and 18,500 employees. The health system encompasses a full array of services, including the area’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level IV neonatal intensive care unit. Inova also is home to the nationally and internationally recognized Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI), Inova Schar Cancer Institute, Inova Neuroscience and Spine Institute and Inova Children’s Hospital. Inova Physicians support all the above hospital-based activities, in addition to delivering outpatient primary and specialty care services.
Inova Health System is seeking a President to serve Inova Behavioral Health. This role will have responsibility for developing and managing a comprehensive, consistently high-performing service line in accordance with the established Inova Health System policies, procedures and decision matrix. The scope of President responsibilities includes programmatic, clinical and operational functions for the service line. A key expectation for this position is to build and sustain an effective, collaborative partnership and shared leadership triad with the Nurse leader and Administrator for the Service Line. The President also will be expected to engage and develop collaborative and inclusive partnerships with employed and independent physicians. The successful candidate will integrate all aspects of behavioral health into a seamless service line coordinating all services into a highly functional patient-centric center of excellence.
The President, Inova Behavioral Health reports to the Chief, Clinical Enterprise, and manages the performance of all physicians and Advanced Practice Providers assigned to the service line. Direct reports to the President of Inova Behavioral Health for the service line will be co-designed by the service line leaders, the CEO and the Clinical Enterprise Triad.
- Licensed or qualified for medical licensure to practice in the State of Virginia.
- Some involvement in active clinical practice preferred.
- Board certification in the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Distinction within the behavioral health medical community and possesses exceptional reputation for clinical excellence.
- Extensive clinical and administrative experience, including direct involvement in managing a clinical program and demonstrated medical staff leadership, including:
- Management style that emphasizes communication, collegiality, collaboration, flexibility and the ability to build high-performing multidisciplinary teams consistent with Inova values.
- Commitment to continuously improving clinical effectiveness, including quality, safety and patient experience and elimination of unwarranted variability.
- Business acumen, management skills, and fiscal knowledge.
- Ability to build relationships both inside and outside the organization.
- Experience as a community physician, or extensive dealings with community physicians, and an understanding of private practice.
- Ability to mentor, develop, inspire and lead medical and support staff, establishing a culture of accountability and teamwork among a diverse, highly qualified medical and support staff.
- Ability to plan and delegate assignments, review work, and monitor progress toward goals.