Inova Schar Cancer Institute is seeking a Genitourinary Medical Oncologist to join their oncology group in Northern Virginia, part of the greater Washington, D.C. area. This position will work alongside the existing medical oncology department, employed by the Inova Medical Group – which is growing almost every aspect of oncology care.
Established with more than $400 million of funding, including a single $50 million philanthropy naming gift from the Schar Family, the Inova Schar Cancer Institute is a center for advanced patient-centric cancer care and translational and clinical research, with a 280,000 square foot ambulatory center occupying a key portion of the brand-new 117-acre Inova Campus for Personalized Health. The ambulatory care center includes specially designed space for interdisciplinary care, a substantial psychosocial support program titled Life with Cancer and state of the are imaging and radiation oncology facilities, including a 2 vault IBA proton beam facility. Collaborating with clinical and scientific partners, this program prioritizes genomic and translational research to better understand, predict, prevent, and eliminate cancer. Inova Schar Cancer Institute, with access points at all five Inova hospitals, is at the forefront of cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Inova Health System is comprised of five hospitals with more than 1,800 licensed beds and 16,000 employees spanning throughout northern VA. This $3.3 billion system, up almost 10% in operating revenue in recent years, has been recognized by multiple outlets highlighting their success and commitment to quality care.
- Financial analysts recognizing Inova with the “AA+” S&P rating
- First and only hospitals in the DC to receive 5 out of 5 stars for quality by CMS
- Ranked by US News & World report and Becker’s Hospital Review as being among the best hospitals in DC area
- Gold seal of approval by Joint Commission in numerous fields, including joint replacement, spine surgery, NICU, cardiology care, etc.
The Northern Virginia suburbs around the Nation’s capital include a wide range of communities that provide exceptional places to live, work, eat, and enjoy the outdoors. Located just 30 minutes from the headquarters of the Food and Drug Administration and 20 minutes from the campus of the National Institutes of Health, Inova is the healthcare market leader for the region.
The Washington, D.C. area is one of the most educated and affluent areas in the United States and boasts a highly diverse population of more than 6 million people. With some of the nation’s most prominent academic and health care systems, DC is a place constantly striving for innovative change and improvement for the future.
- Strong clinical acumen; ability to engage and grow active and thriving programs.
- Prior leadership experience and programmatic development expertise strongly desired.
- Board certification in Medical Oncology with a strong desire to focus on Genitourinary Medical Oncology.