This position has been filled.
Hunter Engineering Company is the global leader in automotive service equipment. Hunter’s product line includes wheel alignment systems, wheel balancers, brake lathes, tire changers, and vehicle lifts. The company has built a reputation for visionary leadership and innovation since 1946. Today, Hunter remains family owned with consistent growth in domestic and export markets. Headquarters are in St. Louis (Bridgeton), with subsidiaries in Canada and Germany. The company has approximately 1,000 employees, 700 independent contractors, and $500 million in annual sales.
The Director of Manufacturing is a new position and it is expected this role will evolve and grow over time as part of Hunter’s succession and management development process. Initially, this leader will assess manufacturing operations across the entire enterprise. Over the course of the first year, and after a demonstrated capability to assume more responsibility, it is expected that this individual will take on increasing direct responsibility for plant operations. Ultimately, this oversight would include leadership for all four plants across Missouri and Mississippi.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial preferred).
- 10+ years’ progressive experience in complex manufacturing operations.
- Demonstrated strong manufacturing and operations training and development in a workplace setting with a top-tier organization. Primary experience operating in a discrete (vs. repetitive) manufacturing environment.
- Background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- Functional experience in establishing cost center budgets, reporting performance, and making adjustments, as needed, to achieve financial objectives.
- A high level of integrity, a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and a commitment to maintaining the company core values and culture.
- Evidence of professional maturity, self-confidence, and executive presence. Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 30%.