This position has been filled.
Healthfirst is one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit health insurers, offering New Yorkers access to high-quality, affordable care. The company’s mission is to put its members first by working closely with care providers and community leaders to address broader issues that can impact health and well-
being. Healthfirst’s unique hospital-sponsored model ensures they provide access to high quality care for their members while keeping medical costs reasonable and spending efficient. This value-based care model has been a catalyst for sustained growth in one of the most dynamic markets in the country. For nearly 30 years, Healthfirst has worked with its partners to improve health outcomes through better access to care—especially in underserved communities adversely impacted by disease, health disparities, and socioeconomic barriers to optimal health.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Clinical Operations, The Vice President, Clinical (VPC) is responsible for providing the strategic guidance, direction and overall management of the Care Management function and processes across Healthfirst products. This position oversees efforts to improve member outcomes in functional capability, health services utilization, quality of life, and other important areas as evidenced by external quality measurement programs. The VPC seeks to improve the member experience with healthcare services and with the care management process. He/she provides leadership to manage administrative costs for his/her areas and uses data and metrics to drive constant process improvement.
- 10+ years of experience within Care Management
- 5+ years of direct leadership experience, including experience leading a Care Management function
- Experience within a highly matrixed organization
- Work experience providing mid to long-term strategic and tactical direction and operational oversight.
- Experience managing and developing large teams.
- Knowledge of Managed Long-Term Care, Medicare, and Mainstream Medicaid health-care regulations, legislation and laws
- Experience working with clinical professionals (nurses, doctors, etc.)
- Nursing degree from an accredited program and New York State Registered Professional Nurse license (or ability to obtain one) is preferred
- Licensed Registered Nurse in New York (or eligible for licensure) is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
Healthfirst complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Diversity & Inclusion
Embedded in the values and virtues of Healthfirst’s Purpose is our commitment to a diverse, inclusive, and engaging environment for both our patients and our employees. It is our commitment that every patient, employee, clinician, and supplier is respected and valued for the unique contributions they make towards Healthfirst’s Promise to make a positive difference in every life we touch.