This position has been filled.
A growing, nation-wide distribution network of installation centers involved with final assembly/integration, and distribution of custom and standard capital equipment manufactured by the parent company. We are recruiting a General Manager for the Greenfield site that will soon open in the Mid-South region and have a second GM opening in the north.
Responsibility will include all aspects of the business, including P and L. Selected candidates will coordinate with corporate leadership in staffing and building the organization, and thereafter in managing final assembly and finishing operations. Robust customer service and sales support will be important in establishing a regional footprint with customers that typically include municipalities, regional and local utilities, and other users in the capital products. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, and customer focus have been keys to success for this division for more than 20 years.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related; an MBA is preferred.
- Ten or more years’ progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated exposure and the capability to undertake a P and L role.
- A strong systems background involving supply chain/materials management, scheduling, implementing Lean concepts, and utilizing metrics.
- Team builder and team player, and possess strong leadership skills.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 5S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- Experience in line balancing and running high volume assembly operations.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving assembly and distribution of capital equipment is desirable, in addition to excellent mentoring abilities, and an orientation to achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.