This position has been filled.
Our client is a growing, nationwide distribution network of installation centers involved with final assembly, integration, and distribution of custom and standard capital equipment. The manufacturer is a recognized leader in the industry and is well-known for its commitment to quality and customer service. Senior management is team-driven and dedicated to utilizing metrics and lean manufacturing processes to achieve continuous improvement at all levels of the enterprise.
Responsibility will include all aspects of the business, including P and L, in a Greenfield startup now under construction and projected for opening January 1, 2017. The selected candidate will coordinate with corporate leadership in staffing and building the organization, and thereafter in managing final assembly and finishing operations. Sales will be handled through corporate headquarters, but the General Manager will handle customer service involving large fleet operations such as regional and national utility and telecom companies. Exemplary quality, on-time delivery, and customer focus have been keys to success for this division for more than 20 years.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or related is required; an MBA is preferred.
- Ten or more years’ progressive work experience in all aspects of plant or site management in a production environment involving metal fabrication, welding, painting, and general mechanical operations.
- Demonstrated exposure and the capacity to undertake a P and L role.
- A strong systems background involving supply chain/materials management, scheduling, implementing Lean concepts, and utilizing metrics.
- Team builder and team player, and possess strong leadership skills.
- A background in managing shop floor operations with demonstrated experience in 5S, Lean Manufacturing, or other formal productivity improvement programs.
- Experience in line balancing and running high volume assembly operations.
- Production and/or site management experience in business sectors involving assembly and distribution of capital equipment are desirable, in addition to excellent mentoring abilities, and an orientation to achieving cost efficiency and bottom-line results.