Centene Corporation, a Fortune 50 company, is a diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise that provides services to more than 25.1 million members through its government sponsored and commercial healthcare programs, focusing on under-insured and uninsured individuals. Today, Centene is the largest Medicaid managed care organization in the country, and a leader in California, Florida, New York and Texas, four of the largest Medicaid states. Its New York plan, Fidelis Care, is a mission-driven health plan committed to providing affordable, quality coverage to more than 2.3 million members statewide, through Medicaid Managed Care, Qualified Health Plans, Child Health Plus, Essential Plan, Health and Recovery Plan, Managed Long Term Care, Medicare Advantage, Dual Advantage, and Medicaid Advantage Plus.
Fidelis Care seeks a dynamic and strategic-thinking psychiatric leader to serve as its new Health and Recovery Program (HARP) Behavioral Health Medical Director. Fidelis Care’s HARP plan provides enhanced benefits for people who are Medicaid-eligible and have specific behavioral health needs. It promotes recovery for members by helping to remove quality of life roadblocks caused by mental illness and/or substance abuse and allows them to receive all physical, behavioral, and social health and support services in one integrated plan.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine.
- Board Certified in Psychiatry (ABPN). Board Certification in Addiction Medicine or Addiction Psychiatry strongly preferred.
- Current Medical license or ability to attain licensure in New York State without restrictions and free of sanctions from Medicaid or Medicare.
- Minimum 2 years of clinical experience; behavioral health managed care experience a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and collaborative ability.
- Able to use systematic techniques to define problems, options, and solutions; evaluate alternative solutions; solve technical problems using logic.
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work with the ability to work remotely.
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).