This position has been filled.
Intermountain Ventures is an affiliate of Intermountain Healthcare, a health system based in Salt Lake City, Utah. The healthcare-focused venture capital company invests in clinical businesses, such as new devices, technologies and treatment modalities, with an emphasis on early stage ideas ready to pilot in clinical environments and rapidly scale as warranted. Innovative ventures allow Intermountain Healthcare to provide high-quality care at an affordable cost, enhance community well-being and advance its position as a leader in the healthcare landscape. Intermountain Healthcare’s unique capabilities and resources allow the venture group to create significant value for its partner companies.
Intermountain Ventures collaborates with clinical and functional areas to identify opportunities, explores priority target areas and conducts pre-diligence, pilots promising innovations and integrates new commercial innovations into Intermountain Healthcare. The company may invest in new ventures after additional market diligence. Ventures are measured using portfolio, group and individual metrics, taking into consideration Intermountain Ventures objectives, mission and vision.
Intermountain Ventures is seeking an Executive Director of Venture Value Creation to support Intermountain’s mission and vision by fostering commercial partnerships and innovations that can transform healthcare at Intermountain and beyond. This position oversees the successful piloting of promising commercial innovations within Intermountain, the integration of new ventures and investments into Intermountain operations, and the realization of synergies between Intermountain and its pilot companies, partners and portfolio companies.
This leader will collaborate with Intermountain Ventures Managing Directors and partners, pilot and portfolio company management teams, as well as Intermountain leadership to ensure the necessary resources are available to pilot programs. S/he will represent Intermountain Ventures externally and meet regularly with CEOs at new ventures, portfolio companies, pilot companies, and strategic partners to understand upcoming strategic needs and operational focus. The successful candidate will coordinate evaluation and implementation team resources to ensure investment companies’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner and will build the team’s capacity to identify and realize synergy opportunities. This position will establish and continuously improve methodology for measuring and tracking realized synergies and clinical benefit and oversee continuous improvement of and documentation of evaluation and implementation team processes.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or equivalent in a related field is strongly preferred.
- Five years of experience with post-merger integration implementation and with identifying and capturing post-merger integration synergies.
- Demonstrated project management skills with experience managing complex projects.
- Experience balancing multiple projects and priorities, moving quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders across diverse teams both internal and external.
- Business development experience in management consulting, mergers and acquisitions, or integration-focused roles is highly preferred.
- Experience performing research studies or clinical trials desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience with the Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).