Erlanger Health System is a robust five hospital system with over 800 beds, an employed physician group, and includes the tri-state region’s only Level I Trauma Center. As the seventh largest public health system in the United States, Erlanger Health System maintains an academic affiliation with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine and is the region’s only academic health system. Erlanger Health System is part of the Vanderbilt Health Affiliate Network that includes over 56 hospitals and 4,000 physicians. For decades, Erlanger has stood at the forefront of oncology services in its region. Erlanger’s comprehensive approach to cancer care includes the region’s only board-certified genetic counseling program, advanced genomic testing, CyberKnife radio-surgery, daVinci minimally invasive robotic surgery, multidisciplinary tumor boards, nurse navigators, and access to clinical trials. Erlanger is the only hospital in the region to be named an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons.
The Executive Director, Oncology Services will lead strategic planning and programmatic development across all facets of cancer care service delivery. This position will serve as the primary clinical spokesperson for network development/partnership affiliations and oversee the development of standards of practice and clinical protocols which allow for the monitoring of clinical, operational, quality and patient safety achievements.
- Board certification in an oncologic specialty and eligibility for licensure in the State of Tennessee.
- Prior leadership position such as a Cancer Center Director, Division Chief, or clinical leader in a fully integrated community oncology program, an academic medical center, or NCI designated cancer center.
- Excellent strategic planning skills with a blend of clinical and business savvy to facilitate strong relationships among administrators and physician leaders across departments and disciplines.
- Strong understanding of organizational development principles, and ability to inspire confidence, promote creativity, and facilitate operational innovation.
- Superior interpersonal skills, unquestioned integrity, and high level of professionalism.