This position has been filled.
Grant Cooper has partnered with a not-for-profit residence and training center for adults with developmental disabilities to recruit the Executive Director. Located just outside of St. Louis in Illinois, the organization is known for its warm community feel, high-quality care and extensive programming including equestrian therapy, medical services, and job training for nearly 400 adults.
Operating at a surplus, the organization has rescoped this Executive Director position to oversee the broader organizational health and specifically, to position it as a well-run, high-quality community for adults with developmental disabilities. This leader will bring strong and effective leadership experience, excellent business acumen, and demonstrate a passion for the mission. The Executive Director will report directly to the Board of Directors and is responsible for leading and directing the overall operations of the facility in accordance with resident needs, government regulations and organizational policies, with a focus on maintaining excellent care for residents while efficiently achieving business and financial objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as an executive/C-level manager at an organization with an operating budget of over $20 million (nonprofit management experience a plus).
- Current State Nursing Home Administrator license, or willingness to work towards acquiring one within 18 months.
- Working knowledge of the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services, the Illinois Department of Public Health, the Illinois Medicaid program, and other state agencies and regulations is preferred.
- Strong, hands-on budget development and management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Ability to convey vision of organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors.