This position has been filled.
FOCUS St. Louis (FOCUS) is the region’s premier leadership organization. From leadership development programs to citizen engagement initiatives, FOCUS helps develop and connect diverse leaders and empower citizens to work together to build a thriving and cooperative St. Louis community. FOCUS develops and engages leaders from high school students to senior executives through a wide variety of programs and initiatives.
The Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership in positioning the organization as a valuable community asset for developing and engaging citizens for the betterment of the St. Louis region. This is accomplished by ensuring that strategic and operating plans align with the mission, growing revenue, sustaining long-term viability and growth, and effectively positioning the organization as a best practice in its field.
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.s
- Ten years of progressive experience in community development, including management/leadership and staff supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated strategic vision and leadership, with the ability to be hands-on when needed.
- Demonstrated success as a key general business manager with profit and loss accountability; strong knowledge of business climate and environment.
- Ability to gain strong community knowledge and connectivity; has or will gain a historical perspective on civic issues; understand the key issues facing the community and can speak knowledgeably about them; established, or proven ability to establish, relationships with community leaders.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, leadership development programs, curriculum design and facilitation techniques.