With 70 office locations, 1,600 support staff, and more than 630 providers, IHA is one of the highest performing not-for-profit multi-specialty groups in Southeast Michigan. Formed in 1994 with only a few independent private-practice groups from Washtenaw County, IHA has added physicians by choosing physicians their own doctors used for their care and that of their families. Two decades later, IHA continues to place great emphasis on selecting only premier physicians and practitioners to ensure patients receive the best possible care. IHA exists to meet community needs through the provision of personalized, high quality health and medical services to its patients in a manner which results in high levels of patient satisfaction with clinical quality, services, accessibility and value.
The Division Head, Medical Specialties will be responsible for 115 providers, which includes hematology/oncology, infectious disease, pulmonary medicine, rheumatology, cardiology, neurology, dermatology, and addiction medicine. This position will lead innovation in service delivery and execute strategic, financial, and operating priorities against established goals, in a dyad leadership model approach. This role will be accountable for clinical quality improvement, continued focus on quality & patient safety, provider credentialing, and mentoring of division leaders.
- Minimum of five years’ clinical experience with demonstrated leadership experience in a large group practice or health care organization.
- Depth facilitating the development and refinement of physician practices, serving as the primary physician liaison to ensure cost effective, high quality, comprehensive health services.
- Experience interfacing collaboratively with clinic physician leaders, administrative leaders, and group leadership to execute strategic, financial, clinical quality, and operational goals.
- Background operating in an accountable care or value-based reimbursement environment. Acumen implementing quality and care management initiatives in conjunction with clinic site leaders and dyad administrators.
- MD or DO degree, with board certification. MBA, MMM, MHA or another applicable advanced degree desirable.