Children’s Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha is a 145-bed nonprofit organization caring for children since 1948. Patients are referred from throughout the region for the treatment of complex or unusual diseases in addition to pediatric primary care. It is the only full-service, pediatric healthcare center in Nebraska, providing expertise in more than 50 pediatric specialty services to children across a five-state region and beyond. The facility is home to Nebraska’s only Level IV regional Newborn Intensive Care Unit and the state’s only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center. Its regional heart center offers expertise in pediatric heart transplantation. Children’s also is recognized as a 2018-19 Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report in five pediatric specialties: Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Orthopedics, and Diabetes & Endocrine Disorders.
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center (Children’s) is seeking a skilled and dynamic leader to serve as Chief, Division of Pediatric Neurology. Children’s is a vibrant, free-standing pediatric teaching hospital and Nebraska’s only full-service pediatric specialty health care center focused on extraordinary clinical care, education, clinical and outcomes, basic science and translational research, and advocacy. The hospital is embarking on transformational programmatic and physical growth to address local, regional, national and global patient care.
The hospital has a Level IV Regional NICU, Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, Specialized Clinical Pediatric Services, and 24/7 Pediatric Intensivists. Additionally, it offers more than 50 specialty clinics, greater than 200 specialists, 14 Satellite Offices, multiple Pediatric Fellowship programs, and is Magnet Certified. Campus expansion plans will add more than 100 beds to the existing 145 and will include an expansion to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Fetal Care Center and Fetal Surgery, Infant MRI, full urology support with new urodynamic suite, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Center including dedicated intensive care, Short-Stay Observation Unit, Emergency Department, and new operating rooms, one of which will have intraoperative MRI and navigational system. The expansion also will provide new facilities to support education and clinical and outcomes research.
Children’s is seeking to significantly increase its number of faculty to develop an epilepsy program, as well as other subspecialty interests in Pediatric Neurology. All individuals will hold faculty appointments at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine. The Child Health Research Institute provides start-up funding and infrastructure for clinical, basic science, or translational research. Research interests are strongly desired and supported.
- An MD degree with board certification in Pediatric Neurology.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong emotional and social intelligence, and the ability to connect with others in a meaningful way at all levels of the organization and university.
- Administrative, academic and clinical practice management experience within a complex, pediatric tertiary care center.
- Demonstrated potential for building strong programs.
- A successful record of accomplishment in recruitment and development of faculty.
- Ability to build and lead teams, as well as relationships with referring physicians and other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in group settings and one-on-one.
- A strong commitment to patient safety, quality scores and JCAHO standards.
- Excels at working in high-pressure environments, with sound logic and reasoning.