Children’s Hospital & Medical Center is seeking an experienced, skilled and dynamic leader to serve as Division Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Children’s is a vibrant, free-standing pediatric teaching hospital and Nebraska’s only full-service pediatric specialty health care center focused on extraordinary clinical care, education, clinical and outcomes, basic science and translational research, and advocacy.
The hospital is embarking on transformational programmatic and physical growth to address our local, regional, national and global patient care. The hospital has a Level IV Regional NICU, Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, Specialized Clinical Pediatric Services, and 24/7 Pediatric Intensivists. We have 50+ Specialty Clinics, 200+ Specialists, 14 Satellite Offices, multiple Pediatric Fellowship programs, and is Magnet Certified. Our new campus expansion plans include an additional 100+ beds to the existing 145, expansion to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Fetal Care Center and Fetal Surgery, Infant MRI, full urology support with new urodynamic suite, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Center including dedicated intensive care, Short-Stay Observation Unit, Emergency Department, and new operating rooms, one which will have intraoperative MRI and navigational system. The expansion will also provide new facilities to support education and clinical and outcomes research.
- The Division Chief will be responsible for the development and implementation of the clinical, educational, academic, research, and advocacy goals of the institution for Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Provides the vision and leadership for the division, working to optimize the process of program design, implementation and evaluation within the division.
- The individual will share in the clinical responsibilities with the nine full-time faculty and additional contracted physicians. There is also 24/7 Advanced Practice Provider support.
- Board certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine with strong clinical and leadership experience.
- This individual will hold a faculty appointment at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine.
- The Child Health Research Institute provides start-up funding and infrastructure for clinical, basic science, or translational research. Research interests are strongly desired and supported.
- Allocation of protected research time will be based on the candidate’s research activities and record of academic accomplishment.