This position has been filled.
Children’s National Health System is the only health system designed for kids in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. It has a community-based pediatric network, seven regional outpatient centers, an ambulatory surgery center, two emergency rooms, an acute care hospital, and collaborations throughout the region. Children’s National is recognized for its expertise and innovation in pediatric care. Its team of pediatric healthcare professionals treats more than 300,000 patients each year who come from throughout the region, nation, and the world.
The Chief of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and non-pathologist employees in an Anatomic and Clinical Pathology laboratory. The Chief will also ensure compliance with all Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and College of American Pathologists (CAP) regulations and provide clinical laboratory consultation to physicians and laboratory technologists, as needed. Individual must possess the ability to drive high-quality results in a safe working environment. Individual must value integrity and collaboration for the successful operation of the Anatomic and Clinical Pathology laboratory in an efficient and productive manner.
- MD or MD/Ph.D. and board-certification in Pathology required. Board certified in pediatric pathology preferred.
- DC Medical License required, VA and MD desired.
- Minimum of 10 years Pathology/Lab Medicine laboratory experience with at least five to seven years of direct supervisory experience in an Anatomic and/or Clinical laboratory.
- Must exhibit strong skills in lab medicine.
- Must have a proven positive and collaborative leadership style, effective interpersonal skills, technical knowledge, and strong organization and planning skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills so as to communicate clearly with administrators, faculty, physicians, and employees.