This position has been filled.
UT Health San Antonio (UTHSA) seeks outstanding candidates for Chief of the Janey and Dolph Briscoe Division of Cardiology in the Department of Medicine. The Janey and Dolph Briscoe Division of Cardiology is one of twelve divisions in the Department of Medicine at UT Health San Antonio’s Long School of Medicine. The division offers a Cardiovascular Disease Fellowship Program and Interventional Cardiology Fellowship Program, with leading experts in the specialty areas of Interventional Cardiology, Electrophysiology, Heart Failure, Cardiac Imaging, Peripheral/Vascular Medicine, Congenital Heart Disease and Women’s Heart Disease.
UT Health San Antonio is the largest comprehensive health sciences university in South Texas, and the only tier-one research institution in South Texas, with cardiovascular research included in UT Health’s eight key research areas of emphasis. The Division of Cardiology has excellent programs related to noninvasive imaging, interventional Cardiology, structural heart disease and electrophysiology. Care is provided at three inpatient sites — University Hospital, Audie L. Murphy Memorial VA Hospital and Christus Santa Rosa Hospital — as well as at several outpatient sites. Candidates should have excellent leadership, clinical, teaching and organizational skills with an established research program. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, forward-thinking Cardiologist to lead the growth of clinical, educational and research programs within an established academic Division of Cardiology. Resources will be available for the new Chief to build on existing strengths and achieve national prominence for the division.
University Hospital includes a Level I Trauma center with over 700 beds, maintains Nursing Magnet Status, ACC Chest Pain Center accreditation, and Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention accreditation. University Hospital is undergoing a multi-million dollar expansion to their existing Sky Tower to include new heart and vascular space. In addition, University Health System has committed to investing nearly $40 million in major expansions to the Heart and Vascular Institute.
Position Overview: Chief, Division of Cardiology
The Division Chief will balance commitment to the education, patient care, and research missions of the division. Reporting to the Chair of Medicine, this role will expand the national visibility and prestige of the division, which is poised for significant growth in all areas. The Division Chief also will play an integral role in the continued development and expansion of the Heart and Vascular Institute, contributing to strategic growth, operational excellence, and clinical advancement of cardiovascular services.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- M.D. or equivalent medical degree, with Board Certification in Cardiology.
- Eligibility for appointment at the rank o f Associate Professor or Professor.
- Proven and substantial leadership experience is required.
- Clinical background in either general cardiology or a cardiology subspecialty, with an exemplary clinical track record. Must be qualified for a faculty role at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor.
- Proven ability to foster collegial and peer participation from all disciplines to develop a superior clinical service line. Experience working within a cardiovascular service line, heart and vascular institute, or heart center highly desirable.
- Track record of successful recruitment, mentoring, and development of faculty. Experience or ability to nurture and grow already successful training programs.
- Record of ongoing extramural funding for research is preferred, and ability to foster growth in the research agenda across the division.
- Strong organizational, management, financial, and budgetary skills.
- Experience implementing quality and care management initiatives, clinical best practices, and process improvement initiatives to achieve the highest level of care. Strong understanding of ACC/AHA guidelines and the needs of other accrediting organizations.
Interested candidates can apply online at: http://m.rfer.us/UTHSCSA53fUx. Applications should include a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae. Expressions of interest, and questions may be directed to the consultant firm assisting UTHSA with this search: Page Ettle, Senior Consultant, Grant Cooper: email@example.com.
All faculty appointments are designated as security sensitive positions.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities.