This position has been filled.
The Taussig Cancer Institute is one of the organizational leaders in quality and operational metrics and delivers the second largest service line financial revenue in the Clinic. At Taussig Cancer Institute, more than 250 highly skilled doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals provide advanced cancer care to more than 14,000 patients with cancer each year. Clinical trials and internationally known cancer research efforts ensure that patients have access to the latest advances in cancer treatment.
The Director of Skin Cancer Program is responsible building a robust program that will offer coordinated care and will work to improve the outcomes of patients throughout the Cleveland Clinic catchment area. S/he will provide strong leadership, expanding the Section’s clinical and research programs, assist in recruiting high caliber talent into the organization, and promoting quality of care. S/he will support the provision of a strong customer service orientation toward patients, Cleveland Clinic associates, and referring physicians. The Program Leader will clearly and effectively articulate the goals, direction, mission, critical issues, and values of the Cleveland Clinic to the associates and employees who work within the Melanoma Program and its related areas.
- An MD or DO degree with board certification in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, specialized expertise in melanoma oncology and an unrestricted state medical license.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Experience and expertise in research including Phase 1 and early Phase II clinical trials.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience with capital/operating budgets and an understanding of the challenges facing academic medicine.