This position has been filled.
Mission Health is the state’s sixth-largest health system and the region’s only not-for-profit, independent community hospital system governed and managed exclusively in western North Carolina. Mission Health has been recognized as one of the nation’s Top 15 Health systems 2012-2015 by Truven Health Analytics, formerly Thomson Reuters. Mission Health is the only medium-sized health system to receive this recognition four years in a row, and the only health system in North Carolina to achieve Top 15 recognition. Mission Health operates six short-term acute care hospitals, numerous outpatient and surgery centers, post-acute care provider CarePartners, long-term acute care provider Asheville Specialty Hospital and the region’s only dedicated Level II trauma center. The medical staff consists of more than 1,000 physicians and is certified in over 50 medical specialties and sub-specialties. Mission Health has seven Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Heart, Mission Children’s Hospital, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Trauma, and Women’s Health.
The Director of Physician Recruitment will lead the development and execution of the comprehensive physician recruitment and retention strategy on behalf of Mission Medical Associates, the 474 employed provider group of Mission Health. This role will report to the Chief Human Resources Officer and will lead a strong team of four physician recruiters and two onboarding professionals. Working in concert with the President and Chief Operating Officer of Mission Medical Associates, this role will play an integral part in the growth and development of the group, spearheading an aggressive expansion program over the next three years.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Marketing, Human Resources, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three to five years of experience in physician recruitment.
- Recruitment leadership background, with a minimum of two years, preferred.
- Experience and track record of provider engagement and retention in a large, complex health system with an employed medical group.
- Collaborative approach and engaging leadership style.