This position has been filled.
Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital has long been recognized as a national leader in pediatric healthcare and is the first rural acute-care children’s hospital in the country. The Children’s Hospital provides emergency, inpatient and subspecialty care for newborns, children and adolescents across Geisinger’s 38-county service area spanning Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania. The 91 bed Children’s Hospital includes a pediatric trauma center, pediatric ED, level 4 NICU, PICU as well as separate inpatient floors for infants, toddlers and teenagers. It has 160 employed general pediatric and subspecialty physicians providing comprehensive healthcare services in over 30 medical and surgical disciplines, including a world class Genomics Institute. Geisinger Janet Weis Children’s Hospital is a national leader in patient satisfaction and quality-driven outcomes as reported in the Pediatric TQIP, VPS, STS CHSD, and Vermont Oxford Network databases.
The Geisinger Heart Institute, in conjunction with The Department of Pediatrics at Janet Weis Children’s Hospital, is seeking a Director of Pediatric and Congenital Cardiology. The Pediatric and Congenital Heart Program provides comprehensive pediatric and adult congenital cardiovascular services to residents of Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania, and includes a team of seven pediatric cardiologists, one congenital heart surgeon, three advanced practitioners and one nurse navigator. The team has sub-specialty expertise in Non-invasive and Fetal Imaging, Advanced Cardiac Imaging, Interventional Cardiology and Adult Congenital Cardiology.
Central and Northeastern Pennsylvania offers a high quality of life, small town America lifestyle including excellent schools, safe neighborhoods with affordable housing, and an abundance of cultural and recreational activities. The beautiful outdoors provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, canoeing, hiking and mountain biking. Urban life is easily accessible with New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, DC, all within a few hours’ drive.
- An MD or equivalent degree, board certification through the American Board of Pediatrics with subspecialty certificate in Pediatric Cardiology, and current or eligible for unrestricted Pennsylvania state medical license.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills for both clinical and non-clinical audiences, in group settings or one-on-one.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Personal characteristics of integrity, maturity, and honesty aligned with the Mission and Values of Geisinger.
- Demonstrated experience with capital/operating budgets and an understanding of the challenges facing academic medicine.