This position has been filled.
Situated in the heart of Richmond, the capital of Virginia since 1779, Virginia Commonwealth University serves an integral role in the economic health of the city — educating the current and future workforce, reaching out to the community, advancing research and enhancing patient care. Richmond boasts a rich history with a mix of Fortune 500 companies that supports student internships and business opportunities. VCU also has campuses in Northern Virginia; Doha, Qatar; and Charles City County, VA. In 1968, the Medical College of Virginia and the Richmond Professional Institute merged to become VCU, the state’s most comprehensive urban university.
The Director, Pauley Heart Center at Virginia Commonwealth University will be an accomplished physician-investigator in the field of cardiovascular medicine. This position reports to the Dean of the School of Medicine. The Director will provide strategic and operational leadership of this multi-disciplinary matrix organization engaging the departments of Anesthesiology, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Radiology, and Surgery, plus basic science departments including Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Pharmacology and Toxicology, Physiology and Biophysics, as well as other Schools within the University, particularly the School of Engineering.
- Doctorate in Medicine.
- Eligible for tenured appointment at the rank of Professor.
- Board-certification in a relevant medical discipline.
- Unrestricted state medical license to practice medicine.
- Distinguished record of academic achievement and academic leadership.
- Established scholarly portfolio with external funding appropriate to complement and expand existing research programs.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU.