This position has been filled.
Established by Memorial Hermann in 2006, Memorial Hermann Medical Group (MHMG) brings together many of Houston’s leading physicians under one umbrella organization. The individual and group practices that comprise Memorial Hermann Medical Group represent primary care physicians and specialists who share a common vision – to provide the highest level of quality care to their patients. Numerous Memorial Hermann Medical Group locations have received the National Committee for Quality Assurance’s (NCQA) recognition as a Patient-Centered Medical Home. This recognition illustrates the higher quality and improved patient experiences that MHMG can provide by utilizing their systems and resources to serve its patients with coordinated and efficient primary care.
The Director of Medical Operations (DMO) for MHMG’s Consumer Solutions line of business is responsible for overseeing the medical and clinical operations as well as the adherence to professional standards for the Urgent Care Centers and the Clinical Access Center. Working as a dyad partner with the Director of Business Operations (DBO) for Urgent Care and with the Director of the Clinical Access Center, the Director of Medical Operations shall explore, propose, and assist in implementing innovative models of consumer centric service offerings across the care continuum.
- MD or DO; MBA, MMM or CPE preferred.
- Five years of recent experience as a practicing physician within the areas of Urgent Care or similar ambulatory center, and five years of supervisory physician leadership experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Superior problem-solving skills and relationship development.
- Visionary, entrepreneurial, creative, and results-oriented.
- Proactive and self-motivated leader who works with little direction.
- Has executive presence to manage both up and down within the entire organization.
- Exhibits teamwork skills that facilitate the interchange between multidisciplinary healthcare workers in order to provide quality patient care outcomes.
- Project management skills with the ability to measure performance and identify goals, assemble and lead effective teams, and achieve and maintain successful implementation.