This position has been filled.
The Cleveland Clinic is one of the largest and most respected health care organizations in the world. Cleveland Clinic Florida is located in Weston Florida with additional locations in Southeast Florida. It is a non-for profit, multi-specialty academic Medical Center that integrates clinical and hospital care with research and education. Cleveland Clinic Florida has 240 physicians with expertise in 35 specialties. The medical campus is fully integrated and includes diagnostic centers, outpatient surgery, and a 24-hour emergency department located in the state-of-the-art hospital. Cleveland Clinic Florida is an integral part of Cleveland Clinic Ohio.
The Center Director is responsible for overall leadership of the Center, including all matters regarding operational, fiscal, recruitment, academics, quality improvement and professional development. The Center Director is responsible for executing the organizational strategic mission and priorities for cancer services. The Director of the Maroone Cancer Center is responsible for building a robust program that will offer coordinated care and will work to improve the outcomes of patients throughout the Cleveland Clinic Florida catchment area. S/he will provide strong leadership, expanding the center’s clinical and research programs, assist in recruiting high caliber talent into the organization, and promoting quality of care. S/he will support the provision of a strong customer service orientation toward patients, Cleveland Clinic associates, and referring physicians.
- An MD or DO degree with board certification in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology, and an unrestricted state medical license.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to advance and develop a superior clinical service.
- Experience and expertise in research including phase I and early phase II clinical trials.
- Expertise in establishing physician relationships combined with the ability to manage an interdisciplinary team while appreciating and fostering collegial and peer participation from all disciplines.
- Effective supervisory skills, including clinical mentoring and coaching expertise.
- Advocate for organizational values and commitment to gender equity and diversity.
- Demonstrated experience with capital/operating budgets and an understanding of the challenges facing academic medicine.