This position has been filled.
Delta Dental of Missouri is a nonprofit 501(c)(4) organization with a social mission to improve oral health in our communities. This mission drives Delta Dental in its quest to eradicate chronic oral disease and improve overall health in the state of Missouri. Delta Dental of Missouri is the state’s dental benefits leader, with 1.7 million members who are covered through more than 1,800 companies, both large and small, as well through individual plans purchased directly from Delta Dental of Missouri. These members have access to the ninety-five percent of practicing dentists in Missouri who participate in one or both of Delta Dental’s: Delta Dental PPOSM Network and Delta Dental Premier Network. Nationally, Delta Dental offers the largest proprietary network of participating dentists in the country.
The Director of Marketing and Communications executive oversees brand awareness, marketing, advertising, communications, media relations, market research, request for proposal processes, community outreach, and charitable giving for the companies of Delta Dental of Missouri. This position focuses on development and implementation of all marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. The Director will competitively differentiate and build audience awareness and preference for the organization’s dental and vision products and services within the broker and employer communities and with the general public. All responsibilities will be undertaken while ascribing to the company’s core values of integrity, trust and respect, innovation, stewardship, excellence, and celebration. Reporting to the Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, the Director of Marketing and Communications will have direct supervision of five people, including the Manager of Marketing, a Community Outreach Supervisor, a Social and Digital Media Specialist, a Communications Senior Specialist, and a Corporate Communications Content Specialist. A total of 13 team members ultimately reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, or related discipline; MBA preferred.
- Healthcare industry experience required; insurance experience preferred.
- Seven to ten years’ experience in strategic marketing and communications management, with a similar level of experience in project management and product launch strategy and execution.
- At least five years of people and budget management experience is required, as is solid evidence of career progression in an environment that is collaborative and team-oriented.
- Strong media relations experience in developing and gaining placements in mainstream and trade journals; proven ability in developing good working relationships with the press.
- Proven experience in leadership, people management, and team building.