Research cures cancer, and cancer is the top strategic priority of the Medical College of Wisconsin. The Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center’s (MCW Cancer Center’s) mission is to uncover the causes of cancer through scientific research, and to translate this knowledge into effective treatments for cancer patients. MCW Cancer Center is dedicated to reducing the cancer burden through innovative research into its causes, prevention, early detection and treatment. This is accomplished by integrating basic science, translational research, and clinical research with patient care, professional advancement and community education, with an emphasis on reaching underserved populations. MCW Cancer Center is a network of cancer experts, investigators, clinicians, research programs, equipment, facilities, and resources — an overarching organization that connects all cancer-related activities — that represents the collective cancer effort at the MCW. The Cancer Center is the virtual hub of cancer research at the MCW, providing leadership, knowledge, support and resources to cancer investigators and clinicians.
The MCW Cancer Center is seeking candidates for a senior faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor to serve as Director, Comprehensive Breast Program. In the role of Director, Comprehensive Breast Program, the successful candidate will be expected to work with the Cancer Service Line Director, the F&MCW health system leadership, the Cancer Center leadership team and Program members to further strategic growth of the multidisciplinary Breast Cancer Clinical Program (Breast Program) of the F&MCW Cancer network. This will include development of innovative, coordinated patient care programs across the spectrum of breast diseases closely integrated with the robust clinical and translational research efforts of the Cancer Center to facilitate growth of clinical research programs. The candidate will be expected to participate in patient care responsibilities at Froedtert Hospital and the Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin (F&MCW) Cancer Network and to develop an active clinical practice in the care of patients with breast diseases.
- A licensed physician with leadership experience and a distinguished record of actively participating in or building multidisciplinary breast cancer clinical programs that have a research focus.
- Qualified physicians from Surgical Oncology, Medical Oncology, or Radiation Oncology will be considered, but must be board certified in their relevant specialty.
- A proficient record of publications in prominent peer-reviewed journals is essential.
- Experience at an NCI-designated cancer center is preferred.
- Academic rank of Associate Professor or Professor required.
- Demonstrated track record of active participation in multidisciplinary clinical programs focused on patient centered care.
- Passion for breast cancer program development and research.