Delta Dental of Missouri (DDMO) is a nonprofit insurance organization with a social mission to improve oral health in the community. DDMO operates in Missouri and South Carolina and are the state’s dental benefits leaders. DDMO covers 1.7 million members through more than 1,800 employers as well as through directly purchased individual plans. Nationally, Delta Dental offers the largest proprietary network of participating dentists in the country. DDMO also offers vision care benefits through a subsidiary company.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Customer Service Leader will oversee three customer service teams serving the following business units: Delta Dental employer group dental plans, individual consumer direct plans, and Advantica vision plans. In total, approximately 45 team members ultimately report through to the Customer Service Leader. This key leader is responsible for managing all aspects of the customer experience for prospective and enrolled members, dental & vision offices, retail vision stores, health plans, producers and consultants for both Delta Dental of Missouri and Advantica. The Customer Service Leader ensures processes, budgets, system applications and trained resources are in place for both corporations and all product lines to exceed customer expectations, to aid in group business retention, and to support consumer direct sales efforts for individual and family products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or related discipline; MBA desirable.
- At least seven years’ experience in the health insurance industry in a call center environment with dental experience preferred.
- At least five years’ people and budget management experience with the proven ability to lead a multi-level team of customer service representatives.
- Skilled in leading strategic planning for the customer service function while possessing a broad knowledge of related technology, tools, and practices in the customer service field to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Polished interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated professionalism in building collaborative relationships with diverse colleagues and when dealing with challenging customers.
- Energetic, forward-thinking, and creative with high ethical standards.
- Works well under pressure with flexibility regarding day-to-day business demands.