Grant Cooper has been retained exclusively to seek the Corporate Controller for a privately-held manufacturing corporation with facilities located in the U.S., Mexico, China, and Singapore. The company, now under the third generation of family ownership, was founded in the 1940’s and is recognized for producing rugged, quality-reliable products, and providing solutions as a service-oriented partner to their global customers.
Historically, this company has been managed with a “lean” management structure and a conservative operating philosophy resulting in consistent and continuing profitability. An enviable worldwide reputation for advanced product development and precision manufacturing of products has been achieved, wherein all manufacturing facilities utilize the same systems designed to comply with the requirements necessary to obtain ISO 9001-2008 certification.
The company is headquartered in a small Midwestern community in easy driving range of a major metropolitan area, and considered “family friendly,” coupled with an excellent cost of living.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will function as a “hands-on contributor” responsible for a wide range of finance and accounting functions and special projects including worldwide payroll, international accounting, business taxes, accounts receivables, customer credit and collections, accounts payables, general accounting, cost accounting, budgeting, fixed assets, and internal auditing. This leader will formulate and administer approved accounting practices throughout the company to ensure that financial operating data accurately reflect the condition of the business and provide reliable information necessary to control operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business/accounting is required; CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred.
- At least ten-fifteen years’ progressive experience in a manufacturing environment with international exposure preferred.
- Six or more years of direct supervision of a corporate accounting department in a manufacturing environment.
- Three or more years of cost accounting experience, or direct supervision of a cost accounting department.
- Strong business and financial acumen; M&A/integration of assets experience preferred.
- A “hands-on” and results-driven approach paired with high integrity.
- Experience with PCs and AS400 (or similar) information systems.
- Polished communication skills and executive presence with the ability to effectively build effective working relationships at all levels across the organization.