We have been retained to seek an energetic and dynamic leader to serve as the Chief Operating Officer for Nature’s Variety, a growing pet food manufacturer with products sold in more than 10,000 retail locations across more than 20 countries. Nature’s Variety is recognized as a leader in its industry, and is well-known for its commitment to quality, innovation, and nutrition. The senior management is team-driven, results-oriented, and dedicated to continuous improvement at all levels of the organization.
The Chief Operating Officer will serve as an integral member of the senior management team, as this leader is critical for ongoing success and continued rapid growth. The COO will provide support and insight to the Chief Executive Officer in key business decisions and in managing the relationship with shareholders. Reporting into the CEO, this role is accountable for the company’s complex supply chain operations. The COO also will play a leading role in implementing the current Strategic Plan, which involves a deep company transformation and increasing business size and scope through organic and inorganic growth. This leader also plays an important role in promoting a positive culture throughout the organization. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Overall leadership for the organization’s complex supply chain (purchasing, manufacturing, packaging, warehousing, distribution, and demand planning) with long lead times from initial production to finished goods.
- Drive transformational initiatives to accomplish the Strategic Plan, ensuring results are delivered with high quality, on time and on budget.
- Support and drive organic and inorganic growth strategy initiatives, including leading the operational integration of acquired companies and ensuring supply chain effectiveness and readiness to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Forecast and anticipate fundamental shifts in the market and how they might impact the business.
- Support the CEO in making key business-related decisions and report to the Board of Directors on operations initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive leadership experience in food manufacturing operations. Meat processing experience is preferred.
- Complex supply chain leadership experience involving long lead times.
- Demonstrated success in leading complex capital projects.
- Experience reporting to Boards of Directors/shareholders.
- Inspires others to act, continually pushes self and team to excellence, comfortable working at a rapid pace.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.