CommonSpirit Health was created in February 2019 through the merger of Dignity Health and Catholic Health Initiatives. CommonSpirit Health is now the nation’s largest not for profit healthcare system with $30 billion in annual revenue, a 21-state network of 25,000 providers, 150,000 employees, 142 hospitals, for-profit businesses, international ventures, home health, and other operations with $38 billion in assets and a $21 billion investment portfolio. As a mission-driven health system, CommonSpirit Health is committed to building healthier communities, advocating for the disenfranchised, and innovating how and where healing can happen—both inside hospitals and out in the community.
With headquarters in Tacoma, Washington, CommonSpirit Health Pacific Northwest includes 880 providers in over 216 primary and specialty care clinic locations; and 11 hospitals with over 1,280 beds and over 320,000 ED visits annually; The greater Rainier Health Network includes approximately 3,500 providers in an Accountable Care Organization arrangement.
The Senior Vice President, CommonSpirit Health Physician Enterprise Pacific Northwest, will be responsible for the executive leadership and strategic direction of all clinical and business operations to ensure fully integrated, high quality and cost-effective healthcare outcomes. This position will oversee the financial success of the physician enterprise, including monitoring budgets, productivity measures and other internal controls to assure defined targets and maximum performance measures are attained. As the primary outward-facing representative of the Physician Enterprise to the communities served, the Senior Vice President will cultivate and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders to foster enhanced community interaction. This role will focus on optimizing culture, quality, and safety across the enterprise, and foster the ongoing development of population health initiatives.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- A physician leadership (MD/DO) or administrative leadership (master’s prepared) background, within an integrated delivery system or complex health care organization; seven or more years of senior executive leadership experience required.
- Proven background bringing focus, standardization, and ongoing improvement to the clinical environment and patient experience. Background in process redesign, performance improvement, and innovation desirable.
- Prior profit and loss accountability, and strong understanding of healthcare delivery financing, healthcare operations, and industry trends.
- Depth in building strong relationships across expanding physician entities, fostering collegial relationships and engendering a culture of success.
- Acumen in standardizing operations to improve quality and reduce the cost of care; advocating effectively for all patients and employees.
- Exposure and/or enthusiasm for population health and value-based reimbursement initiatives.
- Commitment to advocating for policies that improve health outcomes for the most vulnerable members of our communities.
- Polished executive presence and public speaking skills, clear written and verbal communications skills and exemplary facilitation background.