This position has been filled.
Since 1933, Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina has offered its customers high quality health insurance at a competitive price and has led the charge toward better health and more consumer-focused health care in the state. Blue Cross Blue Shield North Carolina serves more than 3.8 million members and employs more than 4,700 North Carolinians, offering commercial, self-insured, and individual exchange products, with a 3.5 STAR rated Medicare Advantage program.
The Medical Director will be responsible for supporting relationships with key commercial accounts, interacting with large employers regarding specialized medical management strategies, and participate on new bids, account presentations, and renewals. This position will play a key role in the ongoing refinement and execution within care management and network strategy to compliment sales and marking efforts to grow new membership and increase retention.
This position will be located in Durham, North Carolina, best known as part of the North Carolina Research Triangle. A national leader in medical research and health care, especially at Research Triangle Park, Durham also houses academic powerhouse Duke University, landing it a spot on Livability’s Top 10 College Towns. Durham is also home to art museums, a strong music culture, historic districts, with an enviable 2.5 hour drive to either beach or mountains.
The ideal candidate will offer:
- Medical degree, MD/DO, with MBA, MHA, MPH, MMM or other applicable master’s degree preferred;
- Five years of experience in health plan sales, key account management, health care consulting, or other role involving significant customer-facing engagement.
- Depth in leading teams of people engaged in project management within a matrixed environment.
- Strong understanding health plan operations, inclusive a care management strategies and innovative network development approaches.
- Proven success in representing an organization to external stakeholders, with superior interpersonal skills and exemplary written presentation.