Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, with the University of Nebraska College of Medicine, is currently recruiting a Division Chief of Pediatric Rheumatology. Children’s is a vibrant, free-standing pediatric teaching hospital and Nebraska’s only full-service pediatric specialty health care center focused on extraordinary clinical care, education, clinical and outcomes, basic science and translational research, and advocacy. The hospital is embarking on transformational programmatic and physical growth to address our local, regional, national and global patient care. The hospital has a Level IV Regional NICU, Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, Specialized Clinical Pediatric Services, and 24/7 Pediatric Intensivists. It has 50+ Specialty Clinics, 200+ Specialists, 14 Satellite Offices, multiple Pediatric Fellowship programs, and is Magnet Certified. New campus expansion plans include an additional 100+ beds to the existing 145, expansion to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Fetal Care Center and Fetal Surgery, Infant MRI, full urology support with new urodynamic suite, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Center including dedicated intensive care, Short-Stay Observation Unit, Emergency Department, and new operating rooms, one which will have intraoperative MRI and navigational system. The expansion will also provide new facilities to support education and clinical and outcomes research.
The selected candidate will be at the Associate Professor or Professor rank. Investigators will have adequate packages and protected time for research. This leader will be responsible to develop and implement the clinical, educational, research, and advocacy goals of the institution. In addition to the administrative responsibilities of this position, the individual will share in the clinical responsibilities with the faculty. S/he will have administrative, academic, and clinical practice management experience within a complex, pediatric tertiary care medical center. This individual will represent Children’s Hospital & Medical Center leadership at the University for matters involving Pediatric Rheumatology at all campus sites.
Children’s growth and transformation creates opportunity for innovation, education, and research. The Child Health Research Institute has been established and will provide start-up and gap funding and infrastructure for clinical, basic science, or translational research. We seek individuals with strong emotional and social intelligence and a demonstrated ability to connect with others in a meaningful way at all levels of the organization, especially the hospital and university leadership. This position will hold a faculty appointment at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine.
- Develop and implement the clinical, educational, research, and advocacy goals of the institution.
- Maintain administrative responsibilities as required, as well as share in the clinical responsibilities with faculty.
- Represent Children’s Hospital & Medical Center leadership at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine for matters involving Pediatric Rheumatology at all campus sites.
- Mentor and develop junior faculty in clinical pediatrics and related pediatric research.
- Continue to build and optimize clinical programs by establishing effective clinical services that exceed regional and national standards for measured outcomes.
- Implement programs and initiatives to constantly improve pediatric rheumatology services for the community and the region.
- Oversee quality assurance and improvement activities in the division.
- Nurture a culture that is collaborative and inclusive both internally and externally.
- An MD degree with fellowship training in Pediatric Rheumatology.
- Accomplished academic record with faculty level rank as Associate Professor or Professor. Investigators will have adequate packages and protected time for research.
- Strong emotional and social intelligence with a demonstrated ability to connect with others in a meaningful way at all levels of the organization, including hospital and university leadership.
- Administrative, academic, and clinical practice management experience within a complex, pediatric tertiary care medical center.
- A successful record of accomplishment in recruitment and development of faculty.
- Ability to build and lead teams, as well as relationships with referring physicians and other departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in group settings and one-on-one.
- A strong commitment to patient safety, quality scores and JCAHO standards.
- Excels at working in occasionally high-pressure environments, with sound logic and reasoning.