This position has been filled.
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center, with the University of Nebraska College of Medicine, is currently recruiting a Chief, Division of Pediatric Neurology. Children’s is a vibrant, free-standing pediatric teaching hospital and Nebraska’s only full-service pediatric specialty health care center focused on extraordinary clinical care, education, clinical and outcomes, basic science and translational research, and advocacy. Patients are referred from throughout the region for the treatment of complex or unusual diseases in addition to pediatric primary care. The facility is home to Nebraska’s only Level IV regional Newborn Intensive Care Unit and the state’s only Level II Pediatric Trauma Center. Its regional heart center offers expertise in pediatric heart transplantation. It has 50+ specialty clinics, 200+ specialists, 14 satellite offices and multiple pediatric fellowship programs. Children’s also is recognized as a 2018-19 Best Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report in five pediatric specialties: Cardiology and Heart Surgery, Pulmonology, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, Orthopedics, and Diabetes & Endocrine Disorders.
Campus expansion plans include an additional 100+ beds to the existing 145, expansion to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit, Fetal Care Center and Fetal Surgery, Infant MRI, full urology support with new urodynamic suite, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Center including dedicated intensive care, Short-Stay Observation Unit, Emergency Department, and new operating rooms, one which will have intraoperative MRI and navigational system. The expansion will also provide new facilities to support education and clinical and outcomes research.
The Division Chief of Pediatric Neurology will be responsible for the development and implementation of the clinical, educational, academic, research, and advocacy goals of the institution for Pediatric Neurology. The organization seeks to significantly increase its number of faculty to develop an epilepsy program, as well as other subspecialty interests in Pediatric Neurology.
This leader provides the vision and leadership for the division, working to optimize the process of program design, implementation and evaluation within the division. In addition to the administrative responsibilities of this position, the individual will share in the clinical responsibilities with the faculty while nurturing a culture that is collaborative and inclusive both internally and externally. This leader will be instrumental in the recruitment and mentorship of pediatric neurology faculty.
- M.D. with board certification in Pediatric Neurology. Eligible for an unrestricted state medical license in Nebraska.
- Distinguished record in building programs, scholarly activity, teaching, and clinical care while balancing the needs of the academic mission, research and clinical productivity with fiscal responsibility.
- Ability to hire, mentor and lead faculty while developing strong relationships with referring physicians and other departments.
- Strong commitment to high quality patient care, standards and safety, reflecting a service-oriented philosophy.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with ability to build relationships in a meaningful way at all levels of the organization, including hospital and university leadership.
- This successful candidate will hold a faculty appointment at the University of Nebraska College of Medicine.
- The Child Health Research Institute provides start-up funding and infrastructure for clinical, basic science, or translational research. Research interests are strongly desired and supported.
- Allocation of protected research time will be based on the candidate’s research activities and record of academic accomplishment.