This position has been filled.
Children’s Health is a three-hospital health system and serves as the eighth-largest pediatric provider in the country. With over $3.3 billion in gross revenue, Level IV NICU, 175,000 emergency visits annually, Children’s Health is the only academically affiliated pediatric hospital in the area, in conjunction with the University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine. Children’s Health includes the 490-bed flagship facility Children’s Medical Center of Dallas; Children’s Health of Plano, a full-service acute care hospital with 71-beds; and Our Children’s House, a 39-bed specialty hospital focused on pediatric rehabilitation. In addition, Children’s Health maintains 18 outpatient locations for subspecialty care, outpatient surgery, and imaging; and an additional 17 primary care locations. Children’s Health is a Nursing Magnet Hospital and maintains the second busiest pediatric emergency department in the nation.
The Senior Vice President/Chief Nursing Officer will provide strategic oversight and drive organizational excellence for all patient care services across the system. This role will have accountability for creating a vision for the future of patient care services, developing a strategy for execution and providing on-going direction to ensure alignment to the broader mission, vision, and values of the system. Driving a culture of patient & family-centered care across the health system, the Chief Nursing Officer will advance concepts of nursing and performance excellence to create an enterprise culture and standard of care built on Children’s Health’s excellent clinical outcomes ultimately elevating nursing excellence as a competitive advantage.
- Ten or more years of senior executive leadership experience. BSN with an advanced degree required; Doctorate degree highly desirable.
- Proven background identifying and articulating a vision and strategic direction for the development of high-quality patient care within a top tier children’s hospital or complex academic health system.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, measuring, and continuously improving enterprise-level nursing engagement and patient care programs.
- Acumen in developing innovative clinical or strategic delivery platforms to engage employees and providers to achieve higher levels of quality and performance.
- Depth in clinical and patient experience analytics, evidence-based practice approaches, and system-wide performance improvement techniques.
- Reputation as a recognized thought-leader in nursing and nursing leadership;
- Experience navigating highly matrixed or complex organizations; exemplary communication and presentation skills required.