As part of Johns Hopkins Medicine International, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare (JHAH) is a first-of-its-kind health care joint venture between Aramco, a world leader in energy, and Johns Hopkins Medicine. It brings together the long-established health care delivery system and the world-renowned clinical, education and research expertise of Johns Hopkins Medicine. Located in the Middle East, JHAH includes the 350-bed tertiary hospital, four satellite locations and 360,000 covered lives.
Reporting to the CEO, the CQO is responsible for overseeing quality, risk management, patient safety, accreditation and regulatory activities of the JV. The position collaborates with Johns Hopkins Medicine International and the Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute to provide an organizational structure, resources and activities for JHAH to advance clinical quality and patient safety.
- A Master’s degree or higher in the fields of nursing, public health, health policy, business administration, health administration, or a field related to quality engineering or business process improvement is required. Completion of an accredited nursing, pharmacy, medical doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy or physician’s assistant program is preferred.
- Knowledge of program development, project management and administration, performance improvement theory and application, and accreditation requirements is required.
- Strong understanding of QI methodologies, applications and theory; and clinical documentation with the ability to conduct research of issue at hand, as well as formulate recommendations based on findings.
- Advanced knowledge of unit operations, performance improvement, regulatory and professional standards, evidence-based patient safety/risk management practices, and outcomes management is required.
- Capable of assessing which data management and statistical strategies are needed to report valid and reliable outcomes.
- Applies Quality improvement tools and techniques such as PDSA, FMEA, Lean Thinking and Six Sigma.
- Polished communication, analytical and interpersonal skills are required, as well as independence and initiative.
- Analytical and disciplined with a high sense of urgency.
- Proficient problem solver and decision maker.
- Positive attitude with the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels, medical staff, patients and their families.