This position has been filled.
UT Southwestern is an academic medical center, world-renowned for its research, widely respected for its teaching and training, and highly regarded for the quality of clinical care its faculty provides to patients at UT Southwestern University Hospitals and Clinics and its affiliated hospitals. The Medical Center has three degree-granting institutions: UT Southwestern Medical School, UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, and UT Southwestern School of Health Professions. It counts among its faculty six Nobel laureates and more than 20 members of the National Academy of Sciences, and ranks regularly among the top medical schools in the country.
The Division Chief of Pediatric Respiratory Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center provides leadership and has overall responsibility for pediatric respiratory services of the Medical Center and pediatric respiratory research efforts. The Division Chief works closely with the leadership of the Department of Pediatrics and is expected to have a proven track record of clinical excellence in the field of pediatric respiratory medicine.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certified in Pediatrics.
- Board certified (or eligible for subspecialty board certification) in Pediatric Pulmonology
- Eligible for permanent, unrestricted licensure in Texas.
- Academic work must qualify for appointment at the appropriate level at UT Southwestern School of Medicine.
- Strong commitment to patient care, reflecting a service-oriented philosophy with hospital administration and with colleagues in other specialties.
- Evidence of promoting and supporting teaching and scholarly activities.
- A reputation for building a clinically strong program.
- A successful track record of recruitment and development of faculty.
- A distinguished record of scholarly activity, teaching, and clinical care.