The University of Mississippi Medical Center, located in Jackson, is the state’s only academic health science center. UMMC includes six health science schools: medicine, nursing, dentistry, health related professions, graduate studies and pharmacy (The School of Pharmacy is headquartered on the University of Mississippi campus in Oxford.) Enrollment in all programs is more than 3,000 students. The Chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery is a coveted position.
Position Overview For Chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery
The Chief of the Division of Pediatric Neurosurgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center provides leadership and has overall responsibility for pediatric neurosurgery services of the Medical Center and pediatric neurosurgery research efforts. The Chief works closely with the leadership of the Department of Neurosurgery and is expected to have a track record of clinical excellence in the field of pediatric neurosurgery.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certified in Neurosurgery.
- Board certified (or eligible for board certification) in Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Eligible for permanent, unrestricted licensure in Mississippi.
- Management education or training a plus.
- All academic work must qualify for appointment at the appropriate level at UMMC.