This position has been filled.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in the state of Texas. With total assets of $9 billion and serving a population larger than the state of Virginia, BSWH includes 49 hospitals, more than 900 access points, more than 6,000 active physicians, 40,000 employees, and the Scott & White Health Plan. The Baylor Scott & White Health Quality Alliance has been awarded a three-year accreditation as a Level 2 Accountable Care Organization by the nonprofit National Committee for Quality Assurance. In addition, the STEEEP Global Institute leverages the expertise and experience of BSWH to assist national and international health care organizations in improving health care quality and patient experience.
The Chief Patient Experience Officer will report to the Chief Quality Officer, driving a culture of patient and family-centered care across the health system. This role will advance concepts of performance excellence and patient experience, creating an enterprise culture and standard of care that builds upon the system’s excellent clinical outcomes, improves patient satisfaction, increases employee engagement and retention, and elevates patient experience as a BSWH competitive advantage.
- Extensive experience in designing, implementing, measuring, and continuously improving enterprise-level patient or consumer experience programs.
- Executive leadership experience in the healthcare industry or other consumer centric service industry.
- Acumen in developing innovative clinical or operational delivery platforms to engage employees and providers to achieve higher levels of quality and performance.
- Depth in clinical or patient experience analytics, predictive modeling, and evidence-based protocols; expertise in the principles of shared clinical decision-making would be ideal.
- Reputation as a recognized thought-leader, able to represent BSWH on the national and international stage.
- Experience navigating highly matrixed or complex organizations; exemplary communication and presentation skills.
- An advanced degree in Nursing, Medicine, Organization Development, Public Health, Health Administration, Business or related field.