This position has been filled.
Baylor University Medical Center at Dallas is a nationally recognized, faith-based, not-for-profit hospital that cares for more than 300,000 people each year. In 1903, the hospital opened with 25 beds; today it is a major patient care, teaching and research center for the Southwest. Baylor Dallas has 914 licensed beds and serves as the flagship hospital of Baylor Scott & White Health – North Texas.
The Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology is responsible for overseeing all obstetric and gynecological services delivered at Baylor University Medical Center, including prenatal, antenatal, labor and delivery, and postnatal services, gynecological surgery and the obstetric and gynecology residency program. The Chief will provide strong leadership, expanding the Department’s clinical and research programs, assist in recruiting high caliber talent into the organization, and promoting quality of care. S/he will support the provision of a strong customer service orientation toward patients, affiliated physicians, and referring community physicians.
Additionally, the Chief of Obstetrics and Gynecology must clearly and effectively articulate the goals, directions, missions, critical issues, and values of Baylor University Medical Center and Baylor Scott & White Health to the medical staff and employees who work within obstetrics and gynecology and its related areas. S/he must effectively communicate the opinions, concerns, and suggestions of affiliated physicians and employees to Baylor University Medical Center and Baylor Scott & White Health leadership. S/he must maintain a comprehensive and long-range system-wide view of Baylor Scott & White Health’s strategic plan as it pertains to obstetric and gynecological services.
- MD, Board Certification by ABOG, including subspecialty certification, as appropriate.
- Able to obtain license to practice medicine in Texas.
- In order to promote BUMC programs and to be credible in the recruitment of high-caliber OB/GYN physicians to BUMC, this individual will be of the highest professional standing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required to effect improvement in clinical operations, recruitment, quality, research, teaching and team building for the Department of OB/GYN.
- Financial management skills and experience in the business operations of a large and complex OB/GYN service.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills.