This position has been filled.
Children’s National Health System is the only health system designed for kids in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. It has a community-based pediatric network, seven regional outpatient centers, an ambulatory surgery center, two emergency rooms, an acute care hospital, and collaborations throughout the region. Children’s National is recognized for its expertise and innovation in pediatric care. Its team of pediatric healthcare professionals treats more than 300,000 patients each year who come from throughout the region, nation, and the world.
Chief of Nephrology Position Overview
The chief is responsible for all facets of the division’s administration and operations including clinical care, directing the academic advancement and recruitment of faculty, and development of a strong research program in collaboration with the Children’s Research Institute. The chief will report to the Executive Vice President of the Center for Hospital-Based Specialties and will be proposed for faculty appointment as a full professor in the George Washington University Department of Pediatrics.
- MD or MD/PhD with board certification in pediatric nephrology.
- Demonstrated track record of scholarly excellence.
- Accomplished academic record sufficient to fulfill the George Washington University criteria for full professor level faculty appointment.
- Proven success in leading a nephrology division.
- Experience in recruiting, mentoring and teaching physicians.
- Polished communication skills.