This position has been filled.
Memorial Regional Health Services was established in January 2016 through a strategic partnership between BJC HealthCare and Memorial Group. This jointly owned nonprofit parent organization oversees hospitals in Belleville and Shiloh, IL, as well as outpatient facilities and the community foundation. This affiliation provides greater access to enhanced service lines and medical expertise, as well as an effective and progressive delivery care model. Memorial Group is the parent organization of Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Memorial Foundation, Memorial Medical Group and Southwest Illinois Health Ventures. Serving Belleville and the Metro East since 1958, Memorial is the area’s leading community health care provider. Memorial is a designated MAGNET facility and an accredited chest pain center. Its medical staff includes more than 400 members representing 48 specialties and a total of 2,300 employees who have been honored with numerous quality care recognitions. Memorial Hospital East, a 94-bed hospital, opened in April 2016 after a $124.6 million project and 8 years in the making.
The Chief Nursing Officer role organizes, directs, and oversees the activities of the Nursing Services Division in accordance with the hospital’s mission for Memorial Hospital Belleville, Memorial Hospital East and Memorial Care Center. The CNO is responsible for directing and coordinating matters pertaining to clinical nursing practice and standards of patient care which are consistent with nursing research, professional standards, and governing laws/regulations. This executive will also establish policies and procedures, develop goals, allocate resources and manage the budget for the division. Reporting to the President/CEO, this individual will oversee all Nursing Services, Social Service and Pharmacy personnel and will collaborate with cross-functional partners within the hospital and with the public.
- Master’s degree in nursing, business or healthcare administration required; BSN from an accredited school of nursing.
- Proven success with at least five years of progressive management experience in nursing administration and clinical nursing.
- Ability to analyze and effectively solve problems.
- Demonstrated commitment to management and leadership development through participation in meetings, professional memberships and continuing education.
- Polished executive presence, stellar interpersonal and written communication skills.