Empath Health is the country’s largest not-for-profit health system delivering non-acute care and services through its skilled, medical, and holistic programs to individuals with chronic, advanced, and terminal illnesses and those experiencing grief. Empath Health was created in 2021 through the merger of two leading nonprofit, integrated networks of care: Empath Health, serving the Tampa Bay region and Stratum Health System, serving Southwest Florida. The combined geography will be virtually all of Southwest Florida, with plans for continued expansion into other Florida counties.
The Empath Health integrated network of care provides expert medical, counseling and support services including hospice; home health; palliative care; grief services; all-inclusive elder care; HIV/STI prevention, services and support; primary care; and physician services. Empath Health serves more than 7,000 people a day, creating a bridge between chronic, advanced, and terminal care and providing seamless integration based on individual needs. Collectively, Empath Health has nearly 90 years of experience serving individuals during some of their most vulnerable times. The organization’s wide variety of community-based programs reflects our commitment to the preservation of our charitable mission.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. Empath helps patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offers assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, Empath’s spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
The Chief Mission Access Officer (CMAO) will be a mission-oriented member of the organization’s senior leadership team. The CMAO will be focused on collaborating with the senior team to continue efforts at building a customer driven organization and will be responsible for driving growth in each of the organization’s service lines (hospice, home care, palliative care, physician practice) with each of its customer segments (payors, referral sources and consumers) consistent with the values of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration Healthcare Administration, or Public Health; Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years proven background in healthcare business development, strategic planning, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience building high level relationships and contracting with at-risk physician groups and payers preferred.
- Experience with hospice, palliative care, and home care strongly preferred.
- An equivalent combination of professional experience and education may be considered as meeting the Education/Professional requirements.
- Excellent people skills.
- Established network with experience in building business to business relationships.
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial approach.
- Ability to navigate matrixed team environments to achieve buy-in from all parties.
- Distinctive customer service and communication skills, with ability to cold call potential clients with confidence.
- Financial acumen, with ability to compile data analytics in an impactful, meaningful manner.
- Proven knowledge and experience working with senior executives in the managed care environment, including contract design, development, and negotiation.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Population Health.
- Solid interpersonal, presentation, negotiation and influencing skills with demonstrated success at closing deals with clients.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, plan, and execute multiple projects under the pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive information and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Flexibility, with ability to remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
- Intermediate or Advanced user of CRM software (Salesforce) and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel long distances with overnight stays.