UnityPoint Health provides healthcare services across nine regions throughout Iowa, western Illinois and southern Wisconsin in hospitals, clinics and home health settings. As the nation’s 13th largest nonprofit health system and the fourth largest nondenominational health system in America, UnityPoint Health is dedicated to making it easier to live well. UnityPoint Health – Des Moines provides coordinated clinic, hospital and home-based care for patients in Des Moines and Central Iowa. UPH-DM is led by nearly 290 physicians and providers working in more than 55 UnityPoint Clinic locations. They are supported by state-of-the-art UnityPoint Health – Des Moines hospitals – Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital, Blank Children’s Hospital and Methodist West Hospital – and the John Stoddard Cancer Center, along with its home health care services, UnityPoint at Home.
Reporting to the President and CEO of UnityPoint Health – Des Moines, and working in close concert with system executives and regional senior leaders, the CMO will be a highly visible, impactful physician leader who will oversee delivery of high quality clinical care, create and implement performance improvement strategies that align clinical care with evidence based practices, collaborate with and support the medical staff, create innovative approaches to growing clinical services, and strengthen and develop key partnerships with other regional providers.
- M.D. or D.O. degree and board certification required.
- MHA, MBA, MMM or equivalent degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of clinical experience and a minimum 5 years leadership experience including oversight of medical staff required.
- Must currently hold or have the ability to obtain a current non-restricted medical license in the state of Iowa.
- Knowledge in all aspects of medical care delivery, hospital and Medical Staff operations.
- Experience in peer medical review with an integrated health system or health plan is preferred.
- Must have experience in one or more of the following hospital or health plan committees: Utilization Management, Quality Improvement, Credentials, Bylaws, or Medical Records.
- Exceptional leadership skills including a faculty for conceptual thinking, peer motivation, and problem solving; demonstrates initiative and adept at building credibility and strong relationships with physicians.
- Ability to effectively implement programs, establish and achieve goals and construct creative solutions to issues.